Feb 11, 2008

I Am

I am a woman and a child.
I wonder who I'll be.
I hear people praying.
I see hope restored.
I want to make a difference.
I am a wife and friend.

I pretend to not care what they think.
I feel good when I help.
I touch them when I pray.
I worry I'll hurt someone by mistake.
I cry when I'm told I am bad.
I am a child and a woman.

I understand it is not about me.
I say that I am not hurting.
I dream of teaching my children to be better than me.
I try to humble myself.
I hope that I've helped.
I am a daughter and wife.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I was hopeful that some of our family would pick it up and that you guys wouldn't leave me hanging like the English dork I am. Let's see who else we can get to share. I'll work on Erin and Nate; you work on Robert and your siblings. Then we can all be dorks together!

Bruce said...

I LOVE your poem Colleen!! It's beautiful. I almost cried. What a great concept. I read Erin Rish's and loved hers as well. Maybe I'll do one.