Jul 26, 2008

Happenings 'round Here - Road Trip Details

I wish I could say there have been great and wonderful things happening in my life these past weeks, but I can't. However, though that may be encouragement for the rest of you to stop reading immediately and go do something better with your time, I must admit it is refreshing to say that our lives have been boring.

The months of April, May, and June were fairly tumultuous for the Martin Family of DC. Thus, a calm uneventful month such as July brought with it great rejoicing for both Robert and I. But, because I know there are people who like to know what is happening in our lives I will try to muster up some things that might cause those few and proud survivors to be entertained.

First, as I sit here writing this blog entry, Robert walks in the room and announces that I would be so proud of him. He proceeds to tell me that he has just uploaded some of his photos that he took on Friday to our blog. So, that is the first entertaining tidbit. Both of us, who rarely blog at all, decided to start entries at the exact same time. well, I thought it was funny.

All of July Robert has been serving on a DC Grand Jury. He has to finish next week after five weeks of hearing indictment cases. It has been interesting because he can't really tell me anything about them - I hope when he is done and back to work I don't forget to start asking him how is day was again.

Robert has started to put together the photos that we are going to be hanging in our stairway leading up to our upstairs. I am really excited because he has picked some of my favorite photos. I really love how the photos turned out. He has found this great printer who has done a wonderful job with his photos. We are also very excited because in the late fall/early winter Robert is going to do a joint showing of his photos. We had a friend who did a show of her work this Spring. Her show went excellently, and I could see the look in Robert's eyes as he walked through there. He is very excited to do this show with her.

Robert and I are gearing up for our road trip coming up. We are traveling to 6 cities, seeing 5-6 baseball games, in 8 days. Here is our itinerary...
Drive to Buffalo to pick up my boss and his wife, drive to
Niagara Falls spend the night.

Then drive to Toronto on the 8th - see a Blue Jays Game

Drive to Detroit on the 9th watch the Tigers game and then drive to Kalamazoo, MI that evening

Drive to Chicago on the 10th and stay through the 12th. Watch a Cubs game, and then have a day to either site see or get tickets day of for the White Sox. On the 11th we will be driving to Milwakee to catch a Brewers game and then back to Chicago.

Drive to Cleveland August 13th - catch an Indians game. Stay the night in Cleveland and then drive back to DC.

2,033 mi – about 1 day 10 hours

That is going to be a fun trip, now all we have to do is rest up for the trip. :)

So, I can't think of much else to share - but one thing I do recommend is the TV Series, Prison Break. Very Good! - (Thank You Corey)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

If you are in Kalamazoo, you know what to do: http://www.bellsbeer.com/index.php/cafe.html

-Ryan

Erin Richer said...

Well done!