Aug 11, 2008

STOP 4: Chicago, Illinois
















This is the famous Wrigley Field Entrance.



As we approached the stadium there was this huge throng of people lined up. And when I say huge, I mean about 60 people wide and 500 people deep. This we soon realized was the bleacher ticket holders. Wow. Those seats are first come first served.







Robert and I at the edge of the over hang.















When we walked up the ramp into the stadium area, we were littlerally breathless. The field is such an amazing place. I will try to describe to you what seems so difficult to portray with simple words. The feel of this stadium is what I have always imagined the stadiums that the original Baseball legends played in. When I used to watch "In A League of Their Own" I always got this nostalgic feeling, and this was that same feeling. Wrigley, being the second oldest stadium in both the National and American leagues, I knew I was feeling that way for a reason. The greatest baseball players of all time had played in this park at one time or another.






This was the view from our seats. Really cool.
























Robert caught this photo, we both think it is a great shot, so we added it.










The Cubs won their game. The Cubs fans were on their feet more in this game than I have seen people on their feet at a concert. I have never experienced such a dynamic crowed. At the end of the they sang this great song. EVERYONE stayed and sang.








Wrigley field is an experience all its own. You can not manufacture in your mind what it is like to actually watch a game in this stadium. Even if you are not a lover of baseball, I highly reccommend that you make it to a game in Wrigley field before it is too late for you, or the field itself.



Next Stop: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2 comments:

Bruce said...

I agree, Wrigley field is very fun. Totally something you should do if you are in Chi Town.

Rich said...

I've never been to Wrigley. I'm so glad that you had the magical experience that I always expect that I'll have one day. Awesome!