Aug 14, 2008

STOP 6: Cleveland, Ohio


Cleveland Indians. Not as packed out as other stadiums, but in all very nice.


Robert and I posed for a photo that a very nice usher offered to take for us. It was great. He was this incredibly freindly man who you could tell loved his job and worked hard at it earning every ounce of respect the season ticket holders gave him. That is one thing I have learned on this trip. I LOVE MIDDLE AMERICA. The people who make up these city's are some of the most hard working genuine people you could ever hope to meet. They love what they do and they do it well.
The architect of this stadium was a brilliant man. The glass windows you see here are actually part of the club restaurant that is open to all people, but a discount is given to season ticket holders. When you enter the field at left field these are the first thing you see. It is actually very impressive in person.
They had the most impressive score board of all the stadiums we went to (not including Wrigley's, which is in a whole other league). It was very important to both Dave and I to be able to see plenty of statistics, and the Indians' has statistics to spare. Also, you will see that below the score board there are bleacher seats. I believe these are in imitation of the bleachers in Chicago's Wrigley Field. It was heart breaking though to see how empty they were.


This is the view from our seats. I would like to take this moment to praise the awesome ticket buying work done by my amazing husband. At Each and EVERY game we went to we had awesome seats. Not only were they in a great location in the park, at every game we were at the end of a row. You may wonder, what does that matter? It matters a ton, especially if you are hoping to get up during the middle of the game to go get something to eat or drink. Which, we did plenty of.

To Come: A ranking of our over-all experience at each stadium broken down by 8 categories, each weighted by how much they play into the overall scoring. AND, Video taken at each park during the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"

Next Stop: HOME!

5 comments:

Bruce said...

That was a very exciting set of posts. The funny thing is that I forgot you were going on this trip. I am so glad you posted for us all to see. I think you two picked an excellent hobby and I am so glad you are having fun making it happen. WAY COOL!!

ashlee said...

wow! thanks so much for posting and for sharing all your thoughts about the parks and your experience. I love middle America too!! I think that's partly why I love Norfolk so much, more "normal" people here than in DC. :)
Now I really want to go to a game at Wrigley Field! It's not so much that I like baseball, which I really don't too much, but I love the history behind it. It is America's favorite pastime, after all.
Looking forward to the ranking system to come! (I can only guess who had some influence in designing such a system......)

Rich said...

I take personal responsibility for Ash saying that she doesn't like baseball too much. It's my failure as a brother-in-law and also a personal shame. Let's all work on her to show her how wonderful it is. I love this trip, guys!! Go Cleveland!

Barbie&Matt said...

Okay, so I have to admit I'm most excited about the videos of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"....it's just so darn literal and perfect. I'm on the edge of my computer chair for those.

PS...why is there no 'House O Taylor' on your list...hmmmmm???

NG Khumalo said...

Would you believe that when I was in high school, a small section of our choir got the chance to sing the national anthem at an Indians' game? Of course, we got rained out, but I walked out on the green, and we later met the players! Cleveland is awesome.

It's exciting to see these updates as your journey unfolds! Keep it coming!